By connecting an Optimizer to the port named "OPT", the Downloader acts as a converter to upload a Log File from the Optimizer onto the PC. Various graphs (see Software Features) of the last 43 trips may be viewed through the Motorscope Downloader Program.
Normal calibration is sufficient in 95% of all applications, the remaining 5% needs to be optimized with our Optimizer. These optimizations may for example include the lowering of the lower power limit for a sprinkler application where water supply is still needed even though the valves are almost completely closed.
Every Motorscope protection unit has a memory function to store the data of the last 43 trips. These values can be downloaded into the Optimizer, copied to a PC (via our Downloader) and stored in a log file (via the Motorscope Downloader Program). The log file can be displayed or printed through the Motorscope Downloader Program, or it can be sent as an attachment to an email.
This Optimizer also has a Trip Data Display feature, which enables you to view the most probable cause of each trip (of the last stored Log File) in the field without having to connect it to a PC (via the Downloader) to download it.
This version of the Optimizer is backwards-compatible with all of our Motorscope products as far back as 2000. This means that you need only ONE Optimizer to get the downloads from any one of our Motorscope protection units which left our doors as far back as 2000.